White Chili
3 boneless cicken breasts cooked and then shredded (I just chop mine up)
2 can chicken broth - 15 oz size
4 cans white beans - drained - I uses extra beans
1 pt whipping cream - I usually use half-and-half the fat free kind
12 oz shredded Monterey jack cheese
1 large onion, chopped (yes, Trent you have to use one! for flavor)
4 minced garlic cloves
2 (4 oz) cans chopped green chilies - I use the large ones
1/4 t. cayene pepper
1 t. oregano
1/4 t cloves
1 1/2 t cumin
1 T olive oil
In medium saucepan heat oil and saute onion until tender. The add garlic, green chilies, cayene, oregano, cloves and cumin and saute for 2-3 min. Add onion mixture, chicken, 12 oz of cheese and all remaining ingredients to crock pot and cook on low for 2 1/2-3hrs. Serve with shredded cheese and sour cream.
No comments:
Post a Comment